EMPLOYMENT – WORK FOR EAL
Based at our Hororata yard, the Operations Manager will play a pivotal role in overseeing operations in the Malvern area. EAL provides baling, silage, straw, cartage, cultivation and drilling services. You will be responsible for coordinating delivery of these services to ensure our customers receive the high standard of service delivery we are known for. For the right person, the role offers an opportunity to progress and play a key leadership role in the business.
Your Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- a class 5 licence and competency operating and maintaining relevant machinery (including tractors & telehandlers)
- Strong team leadership skills, with a proven track record of managing people to achieve goals
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to build relationships, anticipate needs and exceed customer expectations
- A good sense of humour with the ability to plan and prioritise in a busy environment
- A strong work ethic, which values professionalism, reliability and performance
The role offers a competitive salary and company vehicle. A full position description can be viewed here: EAL Operations Manager JD
If you possess the passion, drive and competency required for this role, submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Thursday 23rd August.
EXPERIENCED MACHINERY OPERATORS AND DRIVERS
From October to March, EAL employs temporary Operators and Drivers for our fleet of tractors, balers and trucks. We also employ staff for large-scale livestock feeding over the winter months, to operate EAL’s fleet of tractors and feed-out wagons.
- Experience in operating agricultural machinery, tractors, balers and trucks
- Minimum Class 2 NZ Drivers Licence (some positions require Class 5)
- Mechanical knowledge an advantage
- Strong work ethic; strive for the highest standards of work for our clients
- Must be punctual, reliable, well-presented
- Good level of fitness – some heavy lifting required
- Willing to work extended hours, and to be flexible with workload demands
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Able to work well unsupervised and in a team environment
Good communication skills
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT EAL
You’re part of the team right from your arrival in Canterbury: we’ll meet you and get you settled into your fully-furnished accommodation. Your minimal rent also includes cleaning, power, linen, internet and computer.
EAL has a friendly, supportive work environment, social events, and both branches have a modern, comfortable staffroom (tea and coffee provided).
We help with any paperwork needed: e.g. for wages, tax, bank accounts, and with immigration paperwork if you decide to come back to EAL next season.
Last but not least, you’ll work with people who take pride in their work, and love living in Canterbury! EAL Management Team
We look forward to hearing from you.
Learn more about Canterbury, click here to watch Christchurch & Canterbury Tourism video.
Apply below (CV required).